|Daymond John Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 23, 1969|
Daymond John is an American businessperson, investor, television personality, author, motivational speaker, actor, producer, and director who is best known as the founder, president, and chief executive officer of FUBU (a hip hop apparel company) as well as for appearing as an investor on the ABC business reality series Shark Tank. John has also served as the CEO and founder of The Shark Group, a brand management and consulting firm. Moreover, he co-founded the Daymond John’s Success Formula – a program designed to teach business owners and entrepreneurs how to start and grow their businesses – in 2015. Daymond John has been a recipient of many awards like Brandweek Marketer of the Year, NAACP Entrepreneurs of the Year Award, Essence Award, Crain’s New York Business Forty Under Forty Award, Ernst & Young’s New York Entrepreneur of the Year Award, Brandeis University International Business School’s Asper Award for Excellence in Global Entrepreneurship, and the Congressional Achievement Award for Entrepreneurship.
Daymond Garfield John
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Daymond John studied at a Catholic school for 7 years.
Businessperson, Investor, Television Personality, Author, Motivational Speaker, Actor, Producer, Director
- Mother – Margot John (Flight Attendant)
Daymond John has been signed with Authentic Talent and Literary Management, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $350 Million.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daymond John has dated –
- Daymond John has 2 daughters – Destiny and Yasmeen – with his first wife. However, the couple’s marriage ended in divorce.
- Heather Taras (2018-Present) – He got married to his 2nd wife Heather Taras in the year 2018 and the duo parents a daughter named Minka Jagger.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sports a goatee
He has served as a brand ambassador for the e-commerce company Shopify.
Daymond John Favorite Things
- Some Of His Favorite Investments – Al “Bubba” Baker’s boneless ribs, Bombas socks
- Books – Think and Grow Rich, Rich Dad Poor Dad
Source – Wikipedia
Daymond John Facts
- He was raised in the Hollis neighborhood of Queens.
- He was 10 years old when he started working after his parents divorced.
- One of his early jobs was handing out flyers for $2 an hour.
- When he was in high school, Daymond John got the opportunity to participate in a program that allowed him to work a full-time job as well as attend school on an alternating weekly basis. He has credited this as a major step that instilled in him an entrepreneurial spirit.
- He started a commuter van service after graduating high school.
- Daymond John founded FUBU in 1992 and started it in his mother’s house in Hollis, Queens. FUBU stands for “For Us, By Us”.
- In 2014, he appeared as Wall Street Man in the made-for-television science fiction action comedy horror disaster film Sharknado 2: The Second One.
- He is dyslexic.
- Daymond John was appointed by President Barack Obama as an ambassador to promote underserved entrepreneurs in 2015.
- He was diagnosed with stage II thyroid cancer in April 2017. He subsequently underwent surgery to remove the cancerous nodule.
- He has been featured at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African-American History and Culture.
- He once used to wait tables at Red Lobster.
- A New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-selling author, Daymond John has released many books including Display of Power, The Brand Within, The Power of Broke, and Rise and Grind.
- Daymond John’s Success Formula rebranded to Next Level Success in September 2019.
Featured Image by U.S. Embassy Nairobi / Flickr / CC BY 2.0