|Henry Fonda Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1905|
|Date of Death||August 12, 1982|
Henry Fonda was an American actor, stage artist, and producer whose career spanned 5 decades on Broadway and in Hollywood. His filmography includes The Grapes of Wrath, On Golden Pond, Jezebel, 12 Angry Men, My Darling Clementine, The Red Pony, Mister Roberts, Clarence Darrow, Gideon’s Trumpet, Jesse James, and The Ox-Bow Incident. The American Film Institute named him the 6th-Greatest Male Screen Legends of the Classic Hollywood Era in 1999.
Henry Jaynes Fonda
One-Take Fonda, Hank
He was born on May 16, 1905.
On August 12, 1982, Fonda died of heart disease at 77 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Grand Island, Hall County, Nebraska, United States
He attended the University of Minnesota and studied Journalism. However, he didn’t graduate.
Actor, Producer, Stage Artist
- Father – William Brace Fonda (Printer)
- Mother – Herberta (Jaynes)
- Siblings – Harriet Fonda (Sister)
- Others – Ten Eyck/TenEyck Hilton Fonda (Paternal Grandfather), Harriet/Harriett/Harrite/Hattie/Hettie McNeil/McNeill (Paternal Grandmother), Henry Silas Jaynes (Maternal Grandfather), Elma L. Lanphear/Lamphear (Maternal Grandmother), Troy Garity (Grandson) (Actor), Vanessa Vadim (Granddaughter), Mary Williams (Adoptive Granddaughter) (Activist), Bridget Fonda (Granddaughter) (Actor), Justin Fonda (Grandson)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth was $20 Million at the time of his death.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Henry Fonda had dated –
- Tallulah Bankhead
- Dorothy McGuire
- Shirley Ross
- Margaret Sullavan (1931-1932) – He started going out with actor Margaret Sullavan in 1931 and they married in December 1931. However, they separated only after 2 months of marriage and their divorce was finalized in 1933.
- Frances Ford Seymour (1936-1949) – On September 16, 1936, Henry Fonda married Frances Ford Seymour Brokaw (widow of a wealthy industrialist George Tuttle Brokaw) at Christ Church, New York City. They had met at Denham Studios in England on the set of the 1937 film Wings of the Morning. They were blessed with 2 children – daughter Jane Seymour Fonda (b. December 21, 1937) and son Peter Henry Fonda (February 23, 1940 – August 16, 2019). The marriage wasn’t a happy one and he announced in August 1949 that he wanted a divorce so he could remarry as their 13 years of marriage had not been happy ones for him. Frances was deeply hurt by this revelation and it added to the emotional problems that she had been dealing with for several years. In January 1950, she went to Austen Riggs Psychiatric Hospital for her treatment and committed suicide on April 14, 1950.
- Patricia Farr (1935)
- Barbara Stanwyck (1941)
- Gene Tierney (1942)
- Susan Blanchard (1950-1956) – In 1950, he married his mistress Susan Blanchard who was 21-year old at the time. They adopted a daughter named Amy Fishman (b. 1953) and divorced in 1956.
- Afdera Franchetti (1957-1961) – Henry Fonda was married to Italian baroness Afdera Franchetti from 1957 to 1961.
- Shirlee Mae Adams (1965-1982) – In 1965, he married Shirlee Mae Adams and they remained together until his death.
Race / Ethnicity
He was of Dutch, English, Scottish, Norwegian, German, and distant Italian descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Commanding voice
- Frequently played strong, defensive, heroic characters that were always seeking peace and justice
He did print adverts for Camel cigarettes in 1951 and 1952 and was cast in TV commercials for GAF View-Master in the 1970s.
He was raised as a Christian Scientist but was baptized an Episcopalian at St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church.
He later became an agnostic.
Henry Fonda Favorite Things
- One Of His Favorite Co-Stars – Gene Tierney
Source – Wikipedia
Henry Fonda Facts
- Growing up, he was a shy boy.
- He was 14 years old when he witnessed the brutal lynching of Will Brown from a nearby building along with his father during the Omaha race riot of 1919.
- On February 8, 1960, Henry Fonda was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 1601 Vine Street in Hollywood, California.
- His hobbies included beekeeping and making model airplanes and kites.
Featured Image by Studio Publicity Still / doctormacro.com / Public Domain