|Jaya Prada Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 3, 1962|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jaya Prada is an Indian actor, politician, and producer who is considered one of the most iconic and influential actors in both the Telugu and Hindi film industries in the late 70s, 80s, and early 90s. Her filmography includes Siri Siri Muvva, Anthuleni Katha, Krantiveera Sangolli Rayanna, Kaamchor, Sagara Sangamam, Devadoothan, Samsaram, Huliya Haalina Mevu, Adavi Ramudu, Aaj Ka Arjun, Ooriki Monagadu, Simhasanam, Shabdavedhi, Seeta Kalyanam, Aakhree Raasta, Talli Kodukula Anubandham, Kaviratna Kalidasa, Sanaadi Appanna, Thanedaar, Elaan-E-Jung, Tohfa, Ee Bandhana, Nivuru Gappina Nippu, Iniyum Katha Thudarum, Yamagola, Maqsad, Sargam, Viswanatha Nayakudu, Khakee, The Desire, Sanjog, Sharaabi, Habba, Sindoor, Pranayam, Siripuram Monagadu, and Maa. Also, she has been a recipient of several accolades including 3 Filmfare Awards South. In 1994, Jaya Prada entered politics as she joined the Telugu Desam Party (TDP). From 2004 to 2014, she served as a Member of Parliament (MP) from Rampur, Uttar Pradesh.
Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India
New Delhi, India
Jaya Prada studied in a Telugu medium school in Rajahmundry. She has also received dance and music lessons.
Actor, Politician, Producer
- Father – Krishna Rao (Telugu Film Financier)
- Mother – Neelavani (Homemaker)
5 ft or 152.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jaya Prada has dated –
- Srikanth Nahata – She got married to producer Srikanth Nahata on February 22, 1986. At the time of their marriage, he was already married to Chandra and had 3 children. This created a major controversy as Nahata did not divorce Chandra and had children with his first wife after marrying Jaya Prada. Jaya and Nahata don’t have any children together.
Note – She has adopted her sister’s son.
Race / Ethnicity
Jaya Prada Facts
- She was born into a middle-class family.
- Growing up, she wanted to become a doctor.
- Jaya Prada co-starred as Saritha (a working woman in a poor family) in the 1976 Telugu-language film Anthuleni Katha, a remake of the 1974 Tamil film Aval Oru Thodar Kathai. This role won her the Nandi Award for “Best Actress”.
- Alongside Rishi Kapoor, she co-starred as Hema Pradhan in the 1979 Hindi-language drama film Sargam. The film was a huge success and earned Jaya a Filmfare Award nomination in the “Best Actress” category.
- In 1983, she brought to life the character of Madhavi (a wealthy young woman and a dance patron) in the Telugu-language dance film Sagara Sangamam. For this performance, Jaya Prada bagged the Filmfare Award South for “Best Actress”.
- She was cast as Meena (a professional dancer who is the daughter of a poor blind man) in the 1984 Hindi comedy-drama film Sharaabi. Her co-stars for the project included Amitabh Bachchan, Pran, and Om Prakash.
- Jaya Prada co-starred in the dual role of Yashodhara & Asha in the 1985 Hindi-language drama film Sanjog, a remake of the Telugu movie Jeevana Jyothi (1975). This film again got her nominated for a Filmfare Award for “Best Actress”.
- She has owned the Jaya Prada Theater in Chennai.
- On March 26, 2019, Jaya Prada joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the presence of National General Secretary Bhupender Yadav.
- She was described as one of the prettiest women in the world by the celebrated director Satyajit Ray.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0