|Posani Krishna Murali Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 22, 1958|
Posani Krishna Murali is an Indian screenwriter, actor, director, and producer who has predominantly worked in films made in the Telugu language. As of June 2022, he had written the screenplay and/or dialogues for more than 150 Telugu films. He has directed and/or produced films such as Sravanamasam (2005), Operation Duryodhana (2007), Mental Krishna (2009), and Dussasana (2009). He is also well recognized for his supporting roles in numerous movies including Bhadradri Ramudu (2004), Ek Niranjan (2009), Vedam (2010), Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum (2012), Attarintiki Daredi (2013), 1: Nenokkadine (2014), Brahmotsavam (2016), Khaidi No. 150 (2017), Bharat Ane Nenu (2018), Yatra (2019), and Gully Rowdy (2021).
Posani Krishna Murali
Pedakakani, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posani Krishna Murali had completed his schooling in a small village in his home district of Guntur. After his high school graduation, he completed a B. Com. (Bachelor of Commerce) degree. Thereafter, he joined the Acharya Nagarjuna University, a state university in Namburu, Guntur. He graduated from there with an M. A. (Master of Arts) degree.
After moving to Chennai, he joined the Presidency College, an art, commerce, and science college in the heart of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He graduated from there with an M. Phil. (Master of Philosophy) degree. He had also held ambitions of obtaining a Ph. D. (Doctor of Philosophy) degree and had joined a college to pursue the same. However, he had to discontinue his studies due to his extremely busy work schedule.
Screenwriter, Actor, Director, Producer
- Father – Posani Subba Rao (Deceased)
- Siblings – Posani Nageshwara Rao (Brother), Prameela (Younger Sister), Rajyalakshmi (Older Sister)
- Others – Koratala Siva (Nephew) (Film Director, Screenwriter), Boyapati Srinu (Cousin) (Film Director, Screenwriter)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Posani Krishna Murali has dated –
- Kusuma Latha – Through his long-term marriage to Kusuma Latha, Posani Krishna Murali has 2 sons named Posani Ujwal and Posani Prajwal.
Race / Ethnicity
- Stocky frame
- Side-parted, overgrown, wavy hair
- Sports a rugged beard
Posani Krishna Murali Facts
- Posani Krishna Murali, at the Acharya Nagarjuna University, was elected the general secretary of the student body.
- After graduating from the university with a master’s degree, he worked in a small chit fund company in the state capital of Hyderabad. He was later offered a job with Margadarsi Chit Fund, an enterprise of the Ramoji Group, an Indian conglomerate headquartered in Hyderabad. He had worked there for about a year before quitting the job and returning to his home district of Guntur.
- After the untimely demise of his father, he moved to the city of Chennai to find work. There, he requested renowned screenwriter, actor, director, poet, playwright, novelist, and orator Paruchuri Gopala Krishna for helping him find some work. Mr. Krishna recognized his potential and allowed him to work as an assistant under him.
- While he was still working under Mr. Krishna and pursuing his M. Phil. degree in parallel, noted film director Ram Gopal Varma had asked him to write dialogues for a film of his. Posani Krishna Murali declined the offer by stating that he was still honing his skills and was not ready to take up a film on his own.
- In a period of about 5 five years, he assisted Mr. Krishna and his brother in more than 100 films. In 1992, he quit his job as an assistant writer to expand his career.
- In the mid-2000s, he established a film production company called UP Cinema Lines.
- In 2009, he had contested and lost the Andhra Pradesh state legislative assembly elections from the Chilakaluripet constituency.
Featured Image by Posani Krishna Murali / Instagram