|Shael Oswal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 28, 1978|
Shael Oswal is an Indian singer, industrialist, and entrepreneur who had become an overnight sensation in 2006 after the release of his single titled Soniye Hiriye. He has released several other popular singles and multiple albums titled Aitbaar (2006), Jaan Ve (2013), Bandishein (2014), Dil Di Duaa (2016), Behakii Behakii (2018), Onlyy U (2019), and Tu Milaa To (2020).
Ludhiana, Punjab, India
He splits his time between Singapore, and Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Shael had attended the Mayo College, a boys-only independent boarding school in Ajmer, Rajasthan, India. After his high school graduation, he joined the University of Delhi, a collegiate, public, central university in New Delhi. He had graduated from there with a degree in commerce.
Singer, Industrialist, Entrepreneur
- Father – Abhey Kumar Oswal (Industrialist; Chairman of the Abhey Oswal Group, an Indian business conglomerate with interests in sectors such as textiles, fertilizers, green technology, and petrochemicals) (d. March 2016)
- Mother – Aruna Oswal (Industrialist, Philanthropist, Social Activist)
- Siblings – Shallu Jindal (née Oswal) (Sister) (Dancer, Author, Socialite; Chairperson of the JSPL Foundation, the social arm of Jindal Steel & Power Limited; Chancellor of the O.P. Jindal University), Pankaj Oswal (Brother) (Founder and former Chairman of the Perth-based Australian company Burrup Holdings Limited, one of the world’s largest liquid ammonia production companies)
- Others – Radhika Oswal (Sister-in-Law), Ridi Oswal (Niece) (Musician, co-founder of StoptheB, an anti-bullying community), Vasundhara Oswal (Niece) (Entrepreneur, co-founder of StoptheB, an anti-bullying community), Naveen Jindal (Brother-in-Law) (Industrialist, Politician, Philanthropist, Chairman of Jindal Steel & Power Limited; Member of the Lok Sabha (the lower house of India’s Parliament) from 2004–2014, representing the Kurukshetra constituency in the northern Indian state of Haryana), Venkatesh Jindal (Nephew) (Business Executive), Yashasvini Jindal (Niece) (Dancer), Lala Vidya Sagar Oswal (Paternal Grandfather), Satpal Kwatra (Father-in-Law) (Businessman), Usha Kwatra (Mother-in-Law) (Former civil servant who had served in the secretariat of the Government of the northern Indian state of Punjab)
- Universal Music India
- 1513235 Records DK2
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shael has dated –
- Sameksha Singh (2020-Present) – Shael got married to his long-time girlfriend and actress Sameksha Singh in July 2020, in a ceremony held at a local Gurdwara in Singapore. Sameksha was Shael’s co-star in the music videos of his singles titled Makhmalli Pyaar (2019) and Tere Naal (2020).
Shael has 2 children – a son named Shivam Oswal and a daughter named Sohanaa Oswal – from a previous, unnamed relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Back-combed, quiff hairstyle
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Shael Oswal Facts
- Shael is the former president and director of PT Garda Tujuh Buana, a coal mining company with operations in Singapore and Indonesia. He was appointed to those posts in October 2012.
- After the death of his father in March 2016, his mother had taken charge of the family’s business empire. However, Shael’s mother and his brother were soon entangled in a months-long bitter feud over the inheritance of the shares of the companies involved in this business empire.
- His wife, Sameksha Singh, had directed the music video of his 2021 single titled Ishaara. The track was released on Valentine’s Day at the JW Marriott hotel in Chandigarh, a city, district, and union territory in northern India.
Featured Image by Shael Oswal / Instagram